The U.S. Embassy in Vienna is recruiting for
The Commercial Assistant is an important member of the American Embassy’s U.S. Commercial Service team that assists in implementing programs to advance U.S. business interests in Austria and ensuring the smooth operation of the office. The incumbent reports directly to the Commercial Counselor and coordinates closely with industry specialists according to assigned projects.
In the area of Export and Investment Promotion (60%), the Commercial Assistant provides support for commercial services for U.S. and Austrian clients including event management, market research, client/partner outreach and client management. The incumbent holds an important role in promoting Austrian investment into the U.S. including counseling potential investors, coordinating with business partners, organizing outreach programs, and preparing the Austrian delegation to the annual SelectUSA Investment Summit.
In the area of Office Administration (25%), the incumbent provides administrative support to ensure smooth office operations including managing office equipment and supplies, communications with internal and external partners such as facilities and IT, vehicle maintenance, inventory, human resources, travel administration, etc.
In the area of Marketing Outreach (15%), the incumbent is responsible for establishing and implementing a social media strategy and managing the office’s website, ensuring maximum visibility for the section’s trade and investment programs.
Occasional travel is required.
Qualifications and competencies required:
We are looking for a team-player with tact and efficiency who has strong written and oral communication skills, business outreach capabilities, as well as organizational and administrative skills. The future incumbent must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or international degree equivalent) in Business Administration, Economics, International Trade, International Affairs or Foreign Language.
- Three years of experience in event organization, market research, trade promotion, and/or marketing.
- Fluency in English and German.
- General knowledge of Austrian economy, industry and business, combined with in-depth knowledge of Austrian trade and investment trends, business law and practices, as well as of Austrian governmental organizations and functions and of some industry sectors.
- Knowledge of the U.S. Commercial Service and of other USG agencies involved in trade and investment promotion as well as familiarity with corporate governance and U.S. laws against foreign corrupt practices.
- Ability to interpret and present complex regulations and procedures regarding the Austrian and U.S. economies, industrial and commercial structures, business and industry customs, trade and investment laws, regulations and policies.
- Familiarity with social media/ website marketing tools.
What we offer:
A gross salary of minimum 49,132 EUR per year, plus the additional bonus payments (13th and 14th month payment).
More details and how to apply:
The detailed Commercial Assistant vacancy announcement can be found on our website: https://at.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ (in Electronic Recruitment Application ERA). Please send your electronic application by September 2nd according to the instructions in the vacancy announcement.
Applicants must have and submit the required work and/or residency permits for Austria to be eligible for consideration.