Commodity Buyer (f/m/d)
Location: Vienna, Austria
Req ID: 148449
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. Our team in Vienna, Austria is looking for a
Commodity Buyer (f/m/d)
You will be responsible for ensuring that the correct amount of materials and components are purchased to satisfy the business needs, taking into consideration the importance of purchasing items which are to the correct specification and arrive on time and meet the cost and quality criteria.
- Ensure quality cost and delivery performance of suppliers.
- Performance at purchase information record management.
- Development of commodity strategies, signed supplier agreements and achievement of targets.
- Ensure the correct amount of materials and components to satisfy the business needs are purchased.
- Manage key workload issues, particularly with regards to the external supply chain and that meet the internal requirements of the manufacturing workshops.
- Ensuring that prices and lead-times are correct in the system by updating and maintaining quotation data in SAP through the info records and material master screens.
- Liaise with logistics and inventory to ensure that effective stocking policies are achieved.
- Resolve delivery problems that are escalated by the expediters, and to continually monitor Supplier delivery performance.
- Be the main point of contact for supplier problem resolution and instigating the necessary corrective action.
- Obtain drawings and specifications to enable RFQ’s to be issued to suppliers.
- Create RFQ’s to cover the immediate business needs.
- Graduates/Master students are welcome.
- Good knowledge of systems, SAP experience an advantage.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Knowledge of negotiation/relationship management/motivational skills/finance required.
The minimum salary for this position, according to the collective agreement, is € 2,682.54/month based on full-time employment (14 times a year). An overpayment is possible depending on relevant work experience and / or qualification.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.