The U.S. Embassy in Vienna is accepting applications for a
with the Public Affairs Office of the Embassy. The Community Management Coordinator is responsible for the Embassy’s Public Diplomacy digital properties (social media, website content).
The duties of this position include: building and maintaining the Embassy’s digital channels (social media, website content); developing an editorial calendar designed to promote U.S. priorities with online communities; researching and analyzing evolving platforms and audiences; and customizing content and online engagement to promote Embassy objectives. The incumbent organizes and hosts online conversations, designs and develops innovative engagement opportunities and tools. Provides guidance to the section's public engagement staff and other Embassy personnel who engage with online communities on standards, regulations, and policies for the use of digital properties.
The incumbent performs these duties under the supervision of the Strategic Content Coordination Specialist and the Public Affairs Officer.
Qualifications and competencies required:
We are looking for a team-player with excellent customer relations and interpersonal cross-cultural communication skills, as well as analytic and technical skills. The future incumbent must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing or local equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural or multinational organization, including direct online interaction with the public, and content creation in multimedia and traditional formats.
- Fluency in English and German.
- A good understanding of U.S. historical, political, economic, and cultural forces that shape U.S. foreign policy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the attitudes and communication preferences of target audience groups and understanding the regional, demographic, ethnic, socio-economic, cultural and linguistic factors and the influence of religious, cultural, and educational institutions in shaping Austrian opinions and preferences.
- Detailed knowledge of social media management. Ability to build out the Embassy’s existing digital channels and apply new digital engagement strategies.
What we offer:
A gross salary of minimum 44,664 EUR per year, plus the additional bonus payments (13th and 14th month payment).
More details and how to apply:
The detailed vacancy announcement can be found on our website:
https://at.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ (in Electronic Recruitment Application ERA).
Please send your electronic application by March 10, 2021, according to the instructions in the vacancy announcement.
Applicants must have and submit the required work and/or residency permits for Austria to be eligible for consideration.