People First - At Takeda we are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all people and bringing them the hope of a brighter future. It is our passion that transforms every job into meaningful action. Our people are the heart of Takeda.
Are you looking for a patient-centric and innovation-oriented company to inspire you and promote your career? Join Takeda now.
We are currently hiring a
Business Unit Head (all genders) Hematology/Oncology
on a full-time contract for Vienna.
As BU Head, you are responsible for setting the vision, defining the Business Unit (BU) strategy, ensuring execution of brand and key account plans to achieve the ambitious goals. In line with this, you develop effective sales & marketing strategies to ensure successful performance and goal achievement and will have P&< responsibility for the BU.
You will be leading the BU team members and cross-functional team to deliver a superior patient & customer experience, exceed expectations of key customers, ensuring access and become best-in-class in the areas where Takeda is present.
Your tasks in detail:
Leadership responsibility for sales & marketing team
- Sets targets and objectives for the BU, promotes & monitors achievement and follows up on them, flagging any issues early and adapting tactics as needed
- Coaches, mentors and trains employees and appraises performance within the organization
Financial & Strategic Planning
- Prepares brand strategy and marketing plan for the BU brand, develops and coordinates commercial strategies/tactics with specific timelines, budgets and stakeholder responsibilities
- Develops, prepares and executes future launches as per plan with strong support and alignment of cross functional team
- Fully accountable for the local business, including currently marketed products and any future products in this therapeutic area and develops a strategy in close cooperation with cross-functional team members (medical, marketing, sales, market access, business support etc.)
- Establishes a financial plan and is fully accountable for achieving the forecast
Sales Force Planning & Management
- Establishes concept for in-field team and orchestrates different channels in a customer engagement plan, incl. targeting & segmentation and is responsible for building the account management capabilities of individual Key Account Managers
- Sets Sales Force Effectiveness standards and KPIs, establishes and tracks metrics to factor the outside perspective, monitors achievement on regular basis and develops effective incentive and bonus system for KAMs in cooperation with GM and HR
- Drives cross-functional key account planning and management process in close alignment with Medical and Access.
Project Management & Cross-Functional Cooperation
- Transforms and communicates strategies into implementable tactics and ensures smooth execution through own core team and cross-functional team members.
- Expands products/markets by innovative commercial programs and high-quality education programs for health care stakeholders
- Maximizes understanding of the customers and patients and uses this information to meet the customers’ and patients’ needs as well as provides input for the development of products and anticipates customer need/solution approach
- Together with the Patient Advocacy function, identifies possible patient networks and plans fruitful collaborations aligned with the overall strategy and develops, implements and evaluates meaningful patient programs and services according to patients needs
- Actively participates in customer events and congresses
- Fosters best practice and customer insights sharing among LOC / MCO and Takeda international teams with the aim to become a best-in-class organization
- Actively collaborates with Global and regional commercial, medical and market access teams in developing strategy and tactics for the BU
- Higher university degree in business/science as well a minimum of 7 years experience in commercial roles within the pharma / biotech or healthcare environment
- Previous leadership experience with direct reports in a cross-functional setting
- Solid understanding of the business model, treatment pathways and the market environment of the BU as well as experience in brand management, a customer-facing role and proficiency in delivering a KAM business model
- Experience of managing a P&< or a responsibility for a large budget and sales
- Strong ability to influence through relationships, cultivates a broad network of relationships within internal and external stakeholders and creates a climate that promotes sharing of information and open dialogue
- Result-driven with the ability to mobilize high performance
- A high level of passion for growth and business acumen as well as accountability for commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals
- Passion for patients and their needs paired with a sound knowledge of therapeutic areas and patient pathways
- Ability to understand the customers' needs, leading complex collaborations successfully and creating genuine win-win solutions
- Business fluent in German and English
Empowering our people to shine
At Takeda, we earn the trust of society and our customers through our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, Perseverance. We incorporate these values in everything we do. They represent who we are and how we act. They help us make decisions that we can be proud of today and in the future. We enable our employees to develop their full potential. As a global top employer, we offer exciting career paths, promote innovation and strive for top performance in everything we do. Takeda fosters an inclusive, collaborative and international work environment where our teams are united by their relentless commitment to our goal of improving people's health and creating a better future for the world. Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Takeda is committed to foster diversity, equity and inclusion. Hiring decisions are based entirely on qualifications and are made regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application via our online tool!
For further questions, please contact: Sabine Rabach / Talent Acquisition Lead DACH