As the Head of External Bioprocess Development Europe you are responsible for all external technological and biologics process development partnerships within the Integrated Bioprocess Solutions Europe organization. As an individual contributor you are accountable for the planning, overview, and execution of all external activities related to Integrated Bioprocess Solutions Europe - a hub for development of increasingly complex biologics. You form trusting relationships with our partners to enable delivery of robust, reproducible, and scalable processes by application of scientifically sound approaches and novel technologies.
We are very much looking forward to candidates who bring an excitement about continuous improvement and innovation in the field of development of complex biologics including automation, digitalization and advanced control strategies – at Takeda, we share this excitement and have a number of ongoing projects in the area.
Your new opportunity:
- Set up the culture and strategy for external collaboration within the Integrated Bioprocess Solutions Europe team and create a strong interface with internal and external partners to enable products to move fast towards clinical trials and commercial launch.
- Ensure implementation and represent an inclusive culture based on Takeda values: Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business.
- Provide technical guidance to internal staff and external development partners for phase appropriate process development and characterization.
- Foster communication and information management for seamless know-how and tech transfer and timely availability of CMC sections of regulatory filing documents.
- Champion the partnering and contracting process for development activities for the increasingly complex Takeda Biologics product portfolio
- Manage the partnering process together with Legal and Procurement departments
- Define key contract elements needed for know-how and tech transfer, seamless data exchange and document availability
- Manage contract execution according to defined targets
- Attract external partners to generate targeted innovative solutions focused on automation, digitalization and advanced control strategies
The Skills You Need:
- A strong background in biologics process development and a passion for complex biologics
- Experience in tech transfer to GMP manufacturing sites, QbD concepts, Quality and Compliance, and technological collaborations
- Proven leadership skills in a matrix – 5 or more years in leadership roles
- Mentoring, Problem-Solving and Team-Building Skills
- An understanding of and excitement for continuous processing, automation and digitalization of bioprocesses
- Conceptual thinking, breadth of perspective and ability to translate strategy into operational requirements
- Able to convince and motivate others in a global network
- Advanced university degree in Natural Science e.g. Biotechnology, Molecular Biology
- More than 10 years of experience in manufacturing process development with a competence and enthusiasm for external collaboration
- English is a must, German and other languages are nice to have
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work – life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4.369,11 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Wien - Industriestrasse 131