As Lead of Upstream Bioprocessing for Gene Therapy, you will be involved in the development of Takeda’s innovative gene therapy products. Your responsibilities will include managing/leading the Upstream Lab Scale Bioprocessing Development team and supporting all the activities within the Gene Therapy Process Development Department.
Your responsibilities will include development and optimization of robust upstream processes for viral and non-viral gene therapies, as well as evaluation and implementation of upstream process solutions focused on automation and digitalization. You will closely collaborate with cross-functional process development team members in upstream and downstream, analytical development, research, and manufacturing. We are looking forward to candidates who are enthusiastic to be part of a dynamic team focused on development and implementation of innovative and effective solutions for technical challenges in gene therapy upstream process development.
Your new responsibilities and opportunities are:
- Upstream process development in the area of viral and non-viral vector production
- Management of the executive part within Upstream Lab Scale Bioprocessing
- Overlook the development and optimization of gene therapy upstream process units like vector generation, cell lysis, filtration, etc.
- Proactively drive innovation and new technologies, especially in the areas of automation, digitalization, PAT, data monitoring & analysis, as well process modelling
- Proactively support and propose activities to improve the gene therapy platforms
- Mid-term and long-term planning of activities and resources to ensure achievement of timelines
- Identification, prioritization, and provision of resources to meet the annual goals
- Troubleshooting and support of tech transfer activities
- Document preparation, review, and approval (e.g. reports, laboratory documents, submissions, etc.)
- Maintain quality compliance standards: QA requirements (e.g. method qualification) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP) regarding experimental work and equipment usage
- Establishment and administration of technical SOPs
- Evaluation of equipment and working standards
- Comply with EHS requirements and evaluation of workplace requirements
- Location: Orth/Donau (near Vienna)
Your skills and qualifications are:
- Master’s degree or PhD in natural sciences e.g. biotechnology, biological engineering, molecular biology, chemical engineering, or equivalent education
- Several years of experience within the biotechnological and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in upstream process development is required
- Experience with non-viral or viral vector production is a plus
- Strong knowledge in cell biology, biochemistry, and gene therapy
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in resolving conflict situations
- Profound experience in the planning and execution of upstream activities
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English
- Communication skills in German
- Solid GDP knowledge
- Efficient organizational skills and good time management
- High level of customer orientation and organizational skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to work in high-paced environment
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work – life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4.439,- gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Orth an der Donau