- Developing and improving material specifications based on performance and reliability requirements and cost effective manufacturing of engine products.
- Working effectively with internal cross functional team (engineering, supplier quality, manufacturing, materials and inspection lab) and external suppliers to proactively identify and mitigate risks in process and quality control.
- Trouble-shooting and resolving emerging cost-of-quality issues related to materials and manufacturing.
- Leading material and manufacturing cost-out projects including scoping, execution, validation, and reporting to business stakeholders while meeting milestones on time.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in materials engineering function, with strong emphasis on quality and specifications.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct experience in casting, forging, and fabrication of reciprocating engine components or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of physical and mechanical metallurgy of ferrous and non-ferrous materials for reciprocating engines
- Bachelor's degree minimum in materials engineering or similar disciplines from accredited university
- Effective oral and written communication in German and English
- Experience working cross-functionally with design, global supply chain, and services of internal combustion engines
- Familiarity with quality management systems and with six-sigma training and/or certification
- Experience in mechanical design of engine parts incl. but not limited to thermal and stress analysis, geometric dimensioning and tolerances, and system-level requirements
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 2.883,03 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.