The Plasma-Derived Therapies R& group is dedicated to bringing forward new therapeutic approaches based on plasma-derived therapies for patients with rare and complex diseases.The Research Scientist is responsible for driving new, innovative programs to improve the process, and product quality of plasma-derived therapies, optimized for patients. This includes evaluation and process development of new products, alternative fractionation technologies and extraction of new plasma proteins.
- Explores innovative methods / projects / programs to improve the quality and efficient production of plasma-derived therapies for global and local distribution
- Evaluates new indications, new fractions, new products (including, potentially combinations), and any other process development within plasma to ensure maximal potential of the product to improve health
- Liaises with other R& functions, GMS/Biolife on joint projects to ensure smooth collaboration with GMS & experience exchange
- Keeps plasma formulation and related (non-fractionation) techniques at industry best-in-class standard, leads projects through PD in alignment and cooperation with CMC lead
- Oversight, design and coordination of project related experimental lab work in internal and external labs (e.g. writing experimental study plans and reports; communication of results within the team and across other functions, hands-on contribution to lab studies)
- Supporting technology transfer and scale up activities for processes, as well as providing support to manufacturing.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Master's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, chemical/process engineering or related fields is required
- 5+ years of Pharm Science experience - pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience is required
- Scientific knowledge in process development and about plasma derived therapies fractionation and purification processes
- Good statistical competencies and computer skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good oral and written English and German communication skills required
- Ability to work independent and as part of a collaborative team
- The incoming scientist must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work – life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.270,89 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.