Takeda is a global, values-based, R&-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to patients by translating science into highly-innovative medicines. Takeda focuses its R& efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Gastroenterology (GI), Neuroscience and Rare Diseases. We also make targeted R& investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people's lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R& engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions. We strive to earn and keep the trust of our patients, their families and physicians.
Purpose of this position:
- To lead projects in Formulation, Fill and Finish activities for developmental and legacy products
- To provide expertise and perform laboratory studies to support development studies and critical investigations
- To communicate and co-ordinate activities related to the project with cross-functional matrix teams intended to bring the products to commercialization
- As the project lead, to take responsibility for communicating the progress of the work packages through periodic and regular communications with the higher management of the group and the company
Specific tasks include:
- Planning, execution and documentation of studies
- Authoring periodic progress reports and compiling presentations to update colleagues and management
- Communicating clearly and concisely with the partner organization to plan studies and to analyse data
- Serving as a subject matter expert for protein aggregation in cross-functional project teams if required
- Planning, execution and documentation of studies for process development and process optimization
Required and desired skills:
- At least a Bachelor’s level degree with a (bio-) technical focus
- DP formulation development experience (Pre-formulation development, excipient/buffer screening, stability studies, stress tests, etc.) would be ideal
- Drug Product manufacturing experience (Fill, Finish unit operations) would be desirable
- Project management skills would be highly appreciated, as well as the ability to engage a number of stakeholders in a matrix structure
- Experience in processing and analyzing plasma based products
- Skills and previous experience in design of experiments and statistical data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly desirable qualities include solution-focus, assertiveness, professional integrity and the ability to work independently and make effective decisions
- Good knowledge of English required
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees – our biggest asset – who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success!
The minimum salary for this position is € 3.163,33 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.