By leveraging modern technologies we are developing a new music ecosystem. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much? Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
ForTunes is the all-in-one music insights service for artists, bands, producers and their teams. We collect, and evaluate data on their behalf from numerous sources. Together with other engineers, designers, product managers and data analysts you will be working on the continuous development of our frontend and backend system.
- Playing an active role in the product design process
- Crafting intuitive and beautiful user experiences that are valuable for our customers
- Development of API Endpoints for our frontend applications and customers
- Implementation and monitoring of data fetching tasks from 3rd Party APIs
- Implementation of data analysis tasks
- Communication skills to structure, specify and implement ideas together with nontechs
- 5+ years or more experience in creating web-backends. Ideally with Python and Django
- Experienced in creating and/or working with REST APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases. Postgres is a plus, not a requirement
- Ability to write clean pragmatic code
- Used to work in a test driven environment
- Used to ‘You built it, You Run it’ principle
- Familiarity with state of the art security practices
- Experience with frontend e2e testing (eg cypress) is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/RabbitMQ/Celery is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English.
- We invite you for an introductory phone/video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- You get a programming exercise and unlimited time to send us your solution.
- Our lead developers evaluate it and we provide you with the feedback.
- You meet our lead developers for the technical interview.
- You meet the hiring manager for the culture fit interview.
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do. We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable. Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!