Senior Network Specialist (f/m/x)
Job ID SR0044368 Date posted 02/18/2020 Location Zurich, Switzerland; Vienna, Austria
The Senior Network Specialist is a subject matter expert in data communications and is responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of effective and secure network systems, infrastructure and related technologies. In addition, this individual has broad knowledge of information technology, with a firm understanding of related disciplines and how they interoperate with network hardware and software devices. This role will be responsible for leading design, implementation, participate in day-to-day operations, and troubleshooting efforts and will be directly accountable for the results. The candidate’s deep and broad knowledge enables a holistic understanding of the technology environment.
- Responsible for planning, design, implementation and operations of Takeda’s Enterprise Network
- Leading teams in large projects to develop and recommend scalable solutions for LAN / WLAN / WAN / Data Center / Cloud / Loadbalancing services and ensure that initiatives support the corporate vision
- Assist in continued maintenance and support of all routers, switches, security devices, and wireless infrastructure
- Solving complex problems, design solutions, participate in strategy discussions, and manage technical components of a project
- Driving technical decisions with set technology standards; update and documentation of design standards
- Evaluate emerging technology and translate into solutions that solve business problems
- Accountable for enterprise-wide system performance with regards to networking and the underlying components, Cisco networking (routing, switching, wireless) and F5 Loadbalancing
- Analyze business requirements and ensure that solutions meet established networking and company policies and controls
- Partner with business owners & application teams to define and enhance technology solutions to meet business, performance, and security requirements
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation among peer network engineering staff; Act as Level 3 escalation point for Priority 1 incidents
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree majoring in Engineering, Computer Science or ca. 8 years of relevant experience supporting large scale enterprise networks
- CCIE/CCNP or comparable level of experience
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco switching and routing technologies
- Experience with WLAN networks
- Experience with F5 Loadbalancing solutions
- Experience with Infoblox
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco Routing (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF)
- SDWAN, MPLS and Internet routing experience
- Palo Alto, ZScaler and Network Security knowhow a plus
- Solar Winds experience a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager a plus
- Strong understanding of VPN (site to site, remote access client, IPSec, IKE, tunnel modes, SSL, Tunnels between Firewalls) with broad troubleshooting experience
- Expert Level using TCPDUMP and Network Sniffers for Advanced troubleshooting
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work – life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.270,89 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry in Austria). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience, your qualifications and the location, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0044368