The American Embassy in Vienna is currently recruiting for a
The Supervisory Financial Specialist is the senior locally employed staff member in the Financial Management Center (FMC) at the three U.S. Missions in Vienna (Tri-Missions Vienna). The incumbent advises the Financial Management Officer on all financial matters, including the day-to-day operation of FMC in support of the Tri-Missions Vienna and supervises 11 staff members. The incumbent performs the budget formulation and execution function for the Tri-Missions’ budgets, serves as the institutional memory of FMC, and provides advice and guidance on financial-related matters to all employees of the Tri-Missions Vienna.
Qualifications and competencies required:
- B.S. or B.A. degree in accounting, business administration or financial management or the local academic equivalent.
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible accounting, budget or financial-related work, including at least two years of supervision.
- Fluency in English and good working knowledge of German.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
- Ability to comprehend and apply complicated regulations and procedures, show attention to detail, critically analyze data and draw well-thought conclusions, and clearly articulate financial matters and findings both orally and in writing to management and agency heads not familiar with the various financial regulations and budget process.
- A thorough understanding of accounting, budgeting, procurement, disbursement, internal control systems, and appropriation law.
starting at 71,493 EUR annual basic salary plus bonus payments (13th and 14th month payment).
How to apply:
Please send your electronic application according to the instructions found in the vacancy announcements here: https://at.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/jobs/
Closing Date for application is: August 18, 2017
Applicants must have and submit the required work and/or residency permits for Austria to be eligible for consideration.