System Engineer (m/f/d)
4 Jul 2023 | Wien, AT | Alstom
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
If you are ambitious, driven, and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career in Engineering as a System Engineer within FLEXITY (Light Rail Vehicles) in Vienna.
As a System Engineer, you will be accountable for designing parts of the train control system (e.g. braking, HVAC, safety data recorder, obstacle detection, etc.) including subsystem interaction and subsystem functions. Since a train is a complex assembly of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components the main task of the Functional Architect is to develop a System that covers Customer Requirements, standards, and regulations and makes maximum use of AT’s standard building blocks.
The Functional Architect works in a team of Operability, Safety, RAM-LCC, Mechanical, and Electrical Architecture to ensure the right Quality of performance on Time and on budget.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyse, consolidate, and define the allocated requirements at the vehicle and subsystem level
- Consolidate operational scenarios and operability requirements of functional features
- Define the appropriate train functional architecture to comply with the internal and external requirements including Availability and Safety
- Work out concepts and design, aligned with the team, to set in place the most suitable architecture fulfilling the needs and requirements
- Create functional specifications including a derived requirements for the electrical architecture, train control, and subsystems
- Subsystem integration by e.g. technical requirement documentation, Hard- and Software interface management, type testing
- Support validation of the functional design including preparation of test specifications
- Verify the functional design in course of the development process by simulation of functional models
- Manage configurations and changes to ensure the integrity of the baselines
- Drive decisions to manage performance and prevent delays in the development schedule
- Preferably 3+ years of relevant experience in functional engineering and system design
- Knowledge of software development, preferably train control or passenger information systems, knowledge of subsystems like Brake, HVAC, etc.
- Appropriate education, preferably a Master's degree in electrical or software engineering or equivalent
- Availability for travel mainly in DACH region, up to a duration of several weeks for e.g. type testing at a customer’s site, training on the job
- Fluent in German and English incl. good communication skills
The minimum salary for this position, according to the collective agreement, is € 3133,87 gross/month based on full-time employment (14 times a year). An overpayment is possible depending on relevant work experience and/or qualifications.
- Canteen and meal allowance
- Easily accessible and parking space
- Flexible working hours and Home Office
- Company pension plan and employee benefits
- Company doctor and health measures
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.