Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life sciences, the physical sciences, mathematics, and computer science, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees in Administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria’s scientists in performing excellent research.
Teamlead IT infrastructure
FULL TIME (40h)
In this position, you lead the CoreIT team and provide the central IT infrastructure (network, server) of the institute. Together with other IT teams, you provide services for our scientists and administrative staff and ensure that systems are available to our users when they need them. For our diverse scientific research environment, your ability to analyze problems and propose multiple alternative solutions is important. With your hands-on mentality, you not only share expert knowledge with your team members, but also like to solve problems by yourself. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Designing, implementing, deploying and operating IT and network systems and services - currently ~200 switches and ~300 servers (virt + phys)
- Leading the CoreIT team (7 IT experts) as part of the IT unit of IST Austria
- Providing internal expert support and consulting for IT solutions
- Documentation of the IT infrastructure
- Participating in new and ongoing IT projects also as project leader
- Higher technical education or a university degree in computer science, informatics or a similar field
- Several years of professional experience as a system/network administrator
- Knowledge of IT project management methodologies (waterfall, agile)
- Profound knowledge of operating systems and respective software environments including virtual environments (VMware, ...)
- In-depth knowledge of LAN and WAN networking, related protocols, standards and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco IOS or comparable network systems
- Experience with scripting and automation of IT infrastructures
- Experience working with and within common IT service management and IT security framework
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.) and free parking places
To apply for this position send your application (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 3,800 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information including your rights as a data subject please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/dataprotection/.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at